We would like to help tailor your Embo House experience to your special needs.
It may be you don’t have any, in which case, no problem! But if you would like us to sort out any of the following extras, please let us know. Of course, there will have to be a small charge, which we can quote for when we understand your exact requirement
- On arrival there will be a complimentary “welcome pack” including some essentials and local goodies.
- You can buy your own supplies from local shops in Dornoch (a couple of which stay open until 7 or even 10 pm) or supermarkets in Tain. If required, Tesco Asda and Majestic can deliver an internet order to the house, but please check with us first if you want a delivery to arrive before you.
- The kitchen is supplied with everything you would expect: double oven, double dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, cafetieres etc. Outside there is a Pizza Oven and a large, charcoal BBQ.
- Breakfasts. We would be delighted to provide Highland Breakfasts, should you wish it (menu available)
- Nae-Bother nights in & Chef-cooked dinners. We have created some exciting menus for you to enjoy, from casual pizza nights, using our outside pizza oven, to more formal 3/4 course celebration dinners – and all with no washing up! Menus available.
- Home Cooked Comfort Food. We have a menu available of dishes which can be brought to the house ready for you to just pop into the oven. (Just add vegetables or salad!)
- Alternatively, there are some good restaurants in Dornoch which we can recommend. (Important to book in advance in the Summer & busy seasons)
- The house will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival and after you depart. Many people also like to have a few hours extra cleaning during their stay. This is easy for us to help out with.
- Alternatively, if you would like a full housekeeping service, with beds made daily, this is also possible.
- There are washing machines, tumble driers and an iron for your use in the laundry room, as well as all kinds of other cleaning materials, should you need them.
- Most guests arrive in their own cars, but some come into Inverness airport or train station. It is easy to hire a car from the airport, which is about 1 hour 10 minutes from Embo House.
- Taxis/Drivers: There is a good local taxi service provided by Dornoch Taxis (00 44 7564 814304).
- There is free WiFi throughout the house
- There are 2 TV’s. Your own Netflix account etc can also be run on one the televisions.
- There are sound systems in several rooms and in all of the bedrooms, through which you can run your own streaming service.
- The Whisky Bar is well stocked for your enjoyment and we just ask you record your drinks on the “honesty tab” so we can settle up at the end.
- Outside, there is a 6 wo/man Hot Tub,
- Also a full Boules Court and Croquet Lawn, as well as a Golf practice pitching area, complete with tee, bunker and water hazard.
- There is a pool table in the games room, table football and ping-pong in rooms outside and a playstation, plus other games, cards, jigsaws etc. available for your use.
- The Library is full of books which you are welcome to read.
- There are also many maps which you can use to plan walks, cycling trips etc.
- If we are given sufficient notice, it may be possible to organise bespoke entertainments at the house, such as whisky tastings, yoga, pilates and spa treatments
- Mr Willie Fraser, the Dornoch Pipe Major, lives in Embo – and he would be delighted to come and pipe you into dinner if you are having a special celebration!
Embo House is pet-friendly and can accommodate up to 2 well-behaved dogs, so long as they stay downstairs. Pet policy available.